3 Jan 2005
I’ve had a 30hr Philips TiVo for over 2 years now and it has completely changed the way that I watch television. Below are a couple of fun and interesting TiVo links.
- TiVo – offical company website
- TiVo News – Tivo-related news weblog
- Tivo Underground Forum – great place to pick up TiVo Hacking Tips
- TiVo Web Project – a webserver which can run on the TiVo
- Tivo Hacking FAQ
- Weaknees: Tivo upgrades
- PPPD Over the Serial Cable – enable telneting to your TiVo
Here’s the scripts (for use with TiVoWeb 1.9.4). Put them in your TiVoWeb modules subdirectory and restart TiVoWeb. They should show up on your main menu.
Next, I have a cron job that runs a php script hourly and pulls the data from the TiVoWeb website and saves it in a local file (ex. grab_current.php). Then, the php template of my website opens those files and shows the information.
Just for the record, I make no promises with these modules. Don’t blame me if they fry your TiVo. Proceed at your own risk.